Final Up to date
It’s little question that one among North America’s largest vacationer airports will include a busy arrival expertise. To this point in 2022, Cancun Worldwide Airport has welcomed a brand new document of over 20 million worldwide vacationers.
The airport can be the most well-liked gateway to Mexico for U.S. and Canadian vacationers; we lately reported that nearly 60% of all worldwide arrivals on the Cancun Airport this yr had been vacationers from the U.S.
However with a lot exercise all day each day, you’re certain to return throughout some roadblocks. In case you have plans to go to the Mexican Caribbean anytime quickly, listed below are some skilled suggestions for vacationers arriving at Cancun Worldwide Airport.
All About Cancun Worldwide Airport
Let’s begin with the fundamentals. After arriving at Cancun Worldwide Airport, you’ll be on the tip of the Mayan Riviera and simply related to high locations in Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula.
Playa del Carmen is lower than an hour’s drive away, Tulum 1.5 hours, and that’s to not point out Merida, Valladolid, and smaller locations alongside the coast like Bacalar and Akumal which are all accessible from Cancun Airport by public or personal floor transportation.
In line with the Airports Council Worldwide, Cancun Airport ranked because the tenth busiest airport on this planet for worldwide passengers in 2021, up from twenty eighth place in 2020 and 61st in 2019.
So when arriving, it’s important to be ready, and this implies understanding the fundamentals in regards to the airport and the way you’ll be headed to your vacation spot.
Cancun Airport Terminals
Most main airways coming from the U.S. and Canada will arrive at Terminal 3 or Terminal 4.
Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 of Cancun Airport primarily host home airways. Right here’s a breakdown in a little bit extra element:
- Terminal 1: VivaAerobus
- Terminal 2: Aeromexico, Air Transat, Alaska Airways, Southwest, Sunwing, Volaris.
- Terminal 3: American Airways, Air Canada, Delta, JetBlue, Spirit, United, Frontier, WestJet.
- Terminal 4: Southwest, Frontier, Air Transat, WestJet.
You possibly can see the complete record on the Cancun Airport web site.
Guidelines For Arrivals At Cancun Worldwide Airport
You crammed out the immigration type on the airplane, proper? As soon as landed, there are, after all, just a few boundaries that it’s important to cross earlier than you’re exterior and in paradise.
First, you’ll must undergo immigration. With the brand new digital kiosks which have been arrange on the airport simply this yr, the wait instances for vacationers have been diminished. However as soon as it’s the busy vacation season, vacationers’ ready instances at immigration usually rise all through the day, so finest to be affected person and plan for a long-ish wait.
After you’ve been cleared, it’s time to cross over to baggage declare to say any checked baggage. In case your baggage arrives intact, you’ll be able to then head over to customs.
Customs on the Cancun Airport has a crimson gentle/inexperienced gentle system, the place you’ll must press a button that may flip both crimson or inexperienced – inexperienced means you’ll be able to cross, and crimson implies that the customs agent will then go to examine your baggage. If this occurs to you, it’s a good suggestion to have ready beforehand and have your stuff packed in a means that may make it easy to pack again up should you do must undergo your baggage.
As soon as previous customs, you’ll undergo a slew of distractions like kiosks and issues being bought to you till you’ll be able to exit the airport. Listed here are a number of the issues vacationers ought to consider:
- Cash change kiosks: Airports are notoriously one of many worst locations to alter your cash. If you wish to change some cash to Mexican pesos, know that you could get cheaper charges on the town.
- Timeshare sellers: En path to the exit, you’ll additionally in all probability discover some folks wearing an official-looking uniform providing to promote you a timeshare or attend a timeshare presentation. Many fellow vacationers advise to only stroll previous these guys and don’t interact with them. Some could say that they’re truly your transportation however know that every one pre-booked transportation will solely await you exterior the airport. There are movies and articles about the way it’s not a good suggestion to enroll in a timeshare presentation on the Cancun Airport should you’d like some extra information on this.
- Pre-arranged and on-arrival transportation: Should you’ve pre-booked your transportation from Cancun Airport to your lodge, your driver ought to be ready for you exterior the terminal close to the entrance. On this space, you’ll discover a slew of drivers ready for pick-ups, metered taxis, ADO buses, and extra.
Getting To Your Resort From Cancun Airport
A pre-booked automobile or minivan can take you into Cancun for round $50 round-trip. Should you’re on the lookout for public transportation choices, ADO coach buses can be found all through the day and might take you to downtown Cancun, Playa del Carmen, and Tulum. Tickets for ADO might be bought on the official kiosk on the proper facet while you stroll out of the terminal.
Should you’re staying within the Cancun Resort Zone, it’s finest to take a cab instantly or use your pre-booked transportation as a result of the bus heads to downtown Cancun which is that this far-off from the Resort Zone.
Journey Insurance coverage That Covers Covid-19 For 2022
Journey Off Path’s Greatest Offers Of The Week For Your Subsequent Journey
Cancun’s Latest Luxurious Resort Will Open November 1st
This text initially appeared on Journey Off Path. For the most recent breaking information that may have an effect on your subsequent journey, please go to: Traveloffpath.com
↓ Be a part of the neighborhood ↓
The Journey Off Path Neighborhood FB group has all the most recent reopening information, conversations, and Q&A’s taking place every day!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your e mail tackle to subscribe to Journey Off Path’s newest breaking journey information, straight to your inbox
Disclaimer: Present journey guidelines and restrictions can change with out discover. The choice to journey is in the end your accountability. Contact your consulate and/or native authorities to substantiate your nationality’s entry and/or any modifications to journey necessities earlier than touring. Journey Off Path doesn’t endorse touring towards authorities advisories